View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Dear Eric,
It's so wonderful that you had her as your teacher. My parents died when I was very young so I missed out on that teaching.

I worry very much that I will develop Alzheimer's Disease. My Nana (Father's Mother) and my Father's Sister (my aunt who I lived with since age 4 until 17 when I went nursing) died from this disease. Same side of the family. I have often wondered if my Father had lived longer if he would have it also. Morbid thoughts I suppose to some, but realistic to me.

Do talk to your children about your Mother's life and how wonderful she was. That's really important. Document it. Make an album or you could make a "treasure chest" for your girls.

I had a friend whose Mother died suddenly due to stroke from a drug she was taking. Her Mother made exquisite handmade quilts. I suggested she keep those quilts so that she could wrap herself in them when she needed her Mother's love.

Keep strong.

Remember that love you had with your Mother. Not everyone has that life long love. It must be very difficult for you right now, Eric, but you will be stronger for these experiences and memories...

<sigh>

love to you,
Lara

Last edited by Lara; 06-29-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueCarGal (07-19-2011)