View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 07:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First of all, take a deep breath. You have had to cope with so much that I am sure that this seems like your world is spinning out of control. Finding out that you have a brain aneurysm is a terrifying thing - but try and think of it as a positive - you have found it before it has found you.

There are very safe and reliable treatments for aneurysm now. I had one clipped in 2004, and I know many others who had aneurysms that have been either clipped or coiled since then.

The waiting game is the hardest. Have you seen a neurosurgeon or an interventional radiologist yet? What is the recommendation from your doctor? The course and type of treatment depends on many factors including the size, location, and type of the aneurysm (berry or fusiform), your overall health and age.

I know that this forum doesn't have a lot of traffic, but I will check in here regularly to see how you are going.

Sorry to hear that you have been through so many other challenges. I would recommend that you try not to strain yourself physically, or go on roller coasters and take good care of your general health.

Now that you know it is there, you are in control - remember that. Please feel free to post or private message me if you have any questions that I can help with.

Please look after yourself.

Regards

Lyn
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote