View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

It's too bad that you not only have to go through the pain you go through and then see those words on your medical records.

I wonder at times if it's the fact that these Drs. don't know what to do for CRPS patients that makes them make the patient look stupid to keep them from looking more stupid then what some of them are.

I know before I was diagnosed with TOS and RSD I was in so much pain I was suicidal, even more so then what I am today. I got so mad at my Dr. at one time I asked him if it was a woman thing. He told me not to even go there. He was pulling his hair out trying to figure out what was going on with me and he was sending me out from Dr. to Dr. to get my Diagnoses. It took me over 3 years to get my diagnoses. He was stumped as he had only had one TOS patient in his 20+ years, the same with my PA.

For him to say what he did in your paperwork makes me believe that he didn't have the knowledge to diagnose you so he just turned the tables on you to make him look less stupid.

It took a hand surgeon to diagnose my RSD after I had seen Neurologist, PM Drs., TOS drs, and Rheumotologist. It has to be a special Dr. I think to be able to diagnose RSD. There seems to be so few Drs. in any field that knows anything about it.

We all know our body, we know it's not in our head, why does it take so long to get that CRPS diagnoses.

I bet you are right though about men. The Drs. most likely think that men are the strong ones that can deal with anything.

It's so wierd to see both sides of the fence. The way that men are treated and the way women are treated.

Don't let those words get to you. Don't loose any sleep over it, it's just one Dr. or so called Dr. anyway.

Ada

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote