View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 08:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Mrs Doubtfire. I met you on another forum where you were an expert on all sorts of things. I am glad to find you here. And have a question, if you do not mind. I have had problems with exercise. I was a nationally ranked master swimmer, and my workout regularly consisted of multiple sets totaling 5,000 yards. That is, until one day I could not swim 300 yards without pain. I experimented with repeat swims of 50 yds at a very easy pace. At the end of three swims, or 150 yds, I hung onto the edge of the pool panting, to resupply oxygen to muscles, yet because it was such an easy swim, I had built up no CO2 and accordingly had no feelings of needing oxygen. Months later I happened to come across a bottle of multivitamins and took two. I felt a vague surge, and said to myself, I think I can swim again. Sure enough the next day I jumped into the pool and knocked off 2,000 yds in a straight swim.
I have asked everyone I could think of, what was happening to me...and have found no answers. Something obviously was interrupting my utilization of oxygen. But why the multivitamin effect?
Do you have any clues for me.
I have a rare, genetic white matter disease: an adult onset leukodystrophy (unknown type). Thanks for listening. And I'll hunt for an answer if you happen to read this and post one.
michael178 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote