View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

once again, thanks, and warnings are very duly noted.

i will say this about balance. before i first tried stand-up paddle boarding, i told my neurologist i was going to do it and told me to go ahead but it wouldn't help my balance; and, in fact, he didn't think i'd even be able to stand on the board w/out falling off. he was right ... for about the first two years. all i did was fall and flub and curse like a maniac. but then, little by little, my body began to get it, or at least something began to get it, to the point where now i can stand on the board pretty darn well, even in a good bit of froth and chop. sudden unexpected movements still throw me in the drink but for the most part, i'm pretty darn stable, all things considered.

that said, i am beginning to feel a little shakier than usual, so something is going on that's not good, which is why i'm here.

p.s. the word 'charcot' rings a faint bell. i have a ***terrible*** memory, so i guess i'll have to call my neurologist and see if it's a word he used in connection with my condition ...
linter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote