View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 05:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you Lara. One thng that I began almost 5 years ago was a journel for our oldest, Alisha. Then I began another onefor our youngest, Ariana shortly after we discovered that we were pregnant again and had no clue as to what sex the child would be. I got the idea froma James Patterson novel called, ' Suzannes Diary For Nicholas ' which also became a made for TV movie. I write in them every-so-often about what is going on in the world, my life, our lives, special events, etc.... I will give them to them when they turn 18. I have also began an audio journal which will constist of only personal memories from my child hood, and the first 14 years of Angie and I's marriage. Our 'childless years'. Plus personal thoughts.
The audio journal will be for the both of them.
My mother gave me a very special gift when we had Alisha April 27, 2006. I had never known that It had existed until she gave it to us.
First: My parents divorced in December of 1976. My mother got custody of my big brother and I, and we saw our Dad every other weekend.
Anyhow, she gave us a light green with cream trimmed crocheted baby blanket which is probably 3x4........It was hand made by a woman whom I never knew because she died before I was born. My Grandma Daily. My dad's mother. I am 44 next month, so that would make it almost 50 years old. Because she knitted it in 1964, for our parents first child who died after about 7 hours.
Angie and I will hand that down to our first grandchild. My mother gave it tous simply because my brother is not the sentimental type. She told me that he wouldn't have appriciated it as much as I would. Other wise, it would have gone to his now 20 year old daughter. He still doesn't know that it exists either.
sassenach41 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (07-02-2011), BlueCarGal (07-19-2011), foreverhavehope (03-14-2013), Lara (06-30-2011)