View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 11:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My husband is not happy at all by this choice. He says she is 18 and to let her be. I however am not one to just "give up" she has so much potential and can not worry that this is the worst mistake she has made. When she was on her meds she would still have a roller coaster of emotions always up and down, although they were nothing like when she wasn't on meds. I talked to her phych today and she said there is not much we can do but to wait it out. She was upset as well because she was beginning to do so well in school and life in general. As far as her bf parents, yes it is a safe place, she has a roof over her head and food to eat but mentally I do not feel it is safe for her because they don't believe she needs to take her meds. The mother there is the one that told her she was taking way to many and should stop taking them, they weren't good for her. Our daughter wont talk to us, she says she hates us that she is finally happy for once in her life and doesn't want anything to do with us. Is it possible for her to be able to "control" her cycling and rages? Her doctor told me today that it would be about a month before all of the meds were out of her brain so to speak and that she would probably start to go down hill at that point. what frustrates me more than anything is that her bf mother does not know the entire history of what we have been through what our daughter has been through. She has only ever seen her when she was taking her meds. Our daughter is a master manipulator, her therapist said she was one of the best she has ever seen. She is currently on the depo shot but I was told she would not be getting her next dose as she doesn't need it. She wants to get pregnant and have a baby. I informed her bf mother of this and was told, well it will be my grandchild and I will take care of it. I seriously am at a loss of what to do. This woman seems to think she is dealing with a "normal" 18 year old girl and that we are the problem, that we gave our child drugs and that was what was wrong with her.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-30-2011)