View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't know if I would consider where she is as "safe" . Yes she has a place to sleep and food to eat but his mother is the one that talked her into getting off her meds. She claims that aren't safe. Is there a possibility that she can "control" her episodes? She will go into rages for hours and then the crying starts because she feels guilty and remorseful. As far as birth control goes, yes she is but she is on the depo shot, she is due to renew it at the end of july however she informed us that she will not be taking it again becuase she wants a child, when I explained this to his mother all i heard from her was well it will be my grandchild and I will take care of it. She talked to me and my husband like we were the worst parents in the world for putting her on medication. I talked to her physcologist today and she said that within a month all of the meds will be out of her brain and that she will start her cycling again. She is a very angry teenager most of the time. She doesn't want anything to do with me, her father or her mother. She said she hates us all and doesn't want any contact with us what so ever. She said she is going to live her life the way she wants and for once in her life she is the happiest she has ever been. I am so angry at her bf mother because she is passing judgement and messing around with our childs well being without experiencing or going through everything we have in the past 9 years. She has only known our child when she has been on her medication. Do any of you know if she will be able to control her bipolar off her meds or will it eventually come to the surface again? She has been suicidal in the past and has been hospitalized because of it.

Thank you all for you encouragement and I appreciate all your words and advice.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (06-30-2011), Koala77 (06-30-2011), waves (07-02-2011)