View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 07:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default How much sleep/rest is too much?

My sleep has improved somewhat - I'm still waking up at night (usually 1-3X), but in general am less anxious about it. It might be helping that my room is darker with the addition of new curtains. I also bought a good sleep mask, which tends to help when it starts to get bright out.

I am resting and sleeping a lot, though. I'm taking it pretty easy during the day w/ very little physical activity. Despite this, I usually take at least two naps in the afternoon for about 1 - 1.5 hours (sometimes falling asleep, sometimes not). At night I usually get into bed around 8:30 pm, fall asleep around 10 pm, and finally get up around 8 am.

I'm also having a lot of vivid, unusual and varied dreams - I might be with someone I haven't seen in a long time (or someone I've never met). Often I'm trying to get somewhere in new or confusing terrain (in a building, on an elevator, underground, on the subway, on a hike, etc) with varying degrees of difficulty.

No idea what to make of all this. I tend to think that a lot of rest and sleep is a good thing, although I've read that it's good to stick to 7-8 hours of sleep a night. As for the dreaming, I suspect that my sleeping brain is working overtime trying to recover - hence the extensive dreaming. Or it may be that in my post-concussion state I'm simply more aware of my dreams.
greenfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote