View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile New to this

I have recently been diagnosed with Chiari. I am a 50 yr old female that started having severe headaches to the point where I have been unable to work on some days. I am scheduled to see the neurosurgeon tomorrow and I'm a little anxious. I am not afraid of having the surgery, I'm just not looking forward to the recovery. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 12 years ago and some of the issues I have been dealing with I now learn are symptoms of the Chiari and not the RA. For that reason, I am excited about having the surgery done.
I am curious as to how large an incision has to be made and how long I will have to be off work. I know I can get these questions answered by the doctor, but sometimes they don't tell you everything. I am reading the posts on here and that has been very helpful. I want to thank everyone who has contributed information through their posts. I plan to also contribute as I travel through my journey to a better life. That's what this surgery means to me, and I hope I don't learn otherwise, is a better life for me, my husband, my children and my grandchildren as I work toward being more able to enjoy time with them.
Novaember is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote