View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all for your compliments but i have to work or we may be homeless.
i make too much for any program to help me at all. there are 2 churches that help me with different tings as i ask for help, they are wonderful. i go to a food bank every week and some churches give me food cards.
i only make 36k to support 2 of us. the apartment i have costs 1200 a month, it is a 2 bedroom which i needed when my twins lived at home. i cant find a cheaper place that is low income housing and handicapp accessable. i only have a job because a had a 25 year career before i got sick. the company i was with for 20 years pushed me out of my job after i was sick for 3 years. i made that company millions of dollars and was still the top sales rep when they pushed me out. they changed my comission schedule so i couldnt live on what i was making. i had a sales contract that said i wouldnt call my clients from that company for 18 months. so when i could finally call them, many of my contacts were gone or companies closed. it was rough. the company i am currently with are doing all they can to help me be successful. my sales are the worst in the company, yet he still gives me new leads to try to build an account base. he is awesome.

im sorry i got off on a rant.

matt, im sorry you are having to work 2 jobs. i know you adore your family and are doing what needs to be done. its people like you and me that there should be a helping hand, more than a tax deduction at the end of each year.
this illness just stinks! it robs us of so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
Lori, have you tried to collect SSDI-medicare? Before Suzy received her SSDI we did get discounts, through her doctor, help from pharmacutical companies. We saved about $1000 per month. You could also call your local churches to see if they have resources you can use. But, if I were you go to social services and even though you may not qualify for medicaid, foodstamps etc., they can give you plenty of info where to receive help and how to get it too.