View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Matt, I have a good handle on things most of the time, but it does build up and sometimes I just have a day or two where I need to break down too, that was about two weeks ago. It is tough living with someone who is in pain all the time, it is almost like anything that is happening to you is not half as bad as what they go through. My husband is mean when he is severe pain, which was all the time, the doctor just put him on fentanyl patches and that is working for now. He was able to stand on just his right foot yesterday, which he hasn't been able to do for a year. I always attribute his meanness to his pain, and I refuse to believe the things he says because it is his pain talking. When he is out of pain I discuss the things he said to get his real feelings, that has helped us alot. We moved a year ago, staying close to home, my decision. He wanted to move somewhere with lots of land, now we are looking to moving again. I figure I can go to school anywhere and if it makes him happier. He let me choose a year ago and it has not been great living here (horrible neighbor), so his turn to choose. Hubby is always short on his meds, it seems that he gets tolerant to them and has to take more. It makes those days right before the dr appt really bad, but his dr are really good about trying different meds to see what works for him.
Since my husband has been disabled it has been a big change to our lives. I focus on the things we can do now, it is hard, but you have to let go of your past life before RSD, and work on building a new one around the RSD.
RSDjaded is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote