View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I LOVED Dial-a-Ride when we lived up there, the closest thing we have here cost $35. We live in a tiny town that doesn't have much of anything. We've gotten one problem kinda sorted out, his mom is insisting on taking him to get his foot taken care of. He's pretty much ignoring the neuro stuff and says he doesn't have any problems. I'm doing what i can, getting him to do anything is impossible if he doesn't want to do it. He's not a veteran and there just isn't much available here at least not that we have access to. as far as going to the store, either his sister takes him on her one day off every couple weeks or I walk. There are other issues(honestly i've wanted out for a LONG time) and this was just about the last straw.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA1717 View Post
I agree with the post that listed several places to check out to see if you could get your hubby diagnosed proberly. Perhaps making an appt. to a neurologist first might help. Depending on the city you live in, there's usually transportation for those who don't have automobiles. Check with your bus company. Here where we live, there is what's called "Dial-A-Ride" where you can call the bus company,and arrange for a ride (to and from the place you want to go ) for a small fee. Check it out
Is your husband a veteran of the service? Often Veteran's affairs office has free transportation for its veterans. Another place is to call your local Welfare office, they might be able to direct you to places that offer rides for people who don't have transportant. Do you possibly have a friend or another relative that could help you ? How do you get to the store ? If you want to get this diagnosed properly, move heaven and earth to get this done. Obviously this isn't anything to separate from a spouse over, unless there's other reasons as well......
Often finding out the problem can prevent FURTHER PROBLEMS down the road. HAD my DH( dear Hubby) who is now deceased been diagnosed in early childhood, the SEVERE seizure disorder he was diagnosed with at age 25 could have been controlled with proper medication ( this is a direct quote from the neurologist we took him to.....not my opinion ! )

If nothing else, due to the fact that you have internet access.....find out things there. Put "Free or Low cost tranportation in _____"( fill the blank in with your City and State).
Trying to find a answer to a problem sometimes isn't easy...but there is an answer out there...just continue to look!!

Keep us posted here.....let us know what you find out
LadyMoreta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote