View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
I'm curious if you had the neuro exam 'while' experiencing one of these episodes? I'm guessing not, otherwise your exam certainly wouldn't have been normal. Therefore, I would suggest another opinion (or even the same doctor) when one of these events is actually occurring. Then maybe they will run some tests (labs, EMG, MRI, LP, etc) to rule out various neuro or autoimmune disorders.
The day I saw neurologist I was feeling ok. I don't know what doctors are like where you are from but here in Ireland you can be waiting upto 2 years for an appointment. I will be lucky to get re-seen again in a years time. There is a huge history of autoimmune disease on my parents side and I was diagnosed with Graves disease in 2006 but it is in remission since 2009 and I am not on any meds for it. Both my parents have pernicious anemia so I have had my b12 levels checked also and was told they were fine. Last test in February was 451 pg/ml (range 180 to 1160). Really fed-up as i am a positive person and really feel now like it is all in my head even though I know it is not if that makes sense. Whatever is going on is attacking my nerves intermitently and I feel like I am drunk (I dont drink, bar once or twice a year). Horrible feeling. Thanks
mcduane_ie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote