View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update: Completed 5 day out-patient ketamine

Hello Everyone,

The last few months I have been having a really hard time with my CRPS battle. I was house bound, and pain levels were the highest they have ever been since the CRPS started 4 plus years ago. I couldn't sleep, eat (lost 15 lb's and didn't have extra weight to loose), I couldn't even think straight, my b.p. & heart rate was extremely high, and the swelling and coldness in my legs also got worse.
None of my Dr's here in Illinois had a clue how to treat my case so I pulled myself together enough to realize that I needed to fight for my life. Roughly 2 years ago I tried ketamine infusions at Rush, and they administered it once weekly for 3 treatments. I had great results with the outpatient treatments but the head Dr recommended that I do the 5 day inpatient infusion with a cathadar placed simotanuosly to administer a continuous nerve block. This Dr was well aware that I will nolonger participate in any treatment that involves the spine so I voiced my concerns and the head Dr at Rush lost it and had the absolutely worse attitude of any person I have ever met so I decided he wasn't the Dr for me and left Rush all together.
So long story short and 2 years later my CRPS was out of control. I started researching ketamine infusion treatments and found Dr Leverone that works out of LA California. Dr Leverone is the best Dr I have ever met. He was able to treat me within 3 weeks of when I contacted him for the first time. I had to have clearance for the treatment (labwork and a physical). Dr Leverone's treatment protocol is somewhat different but I have to say it has been a miracle for me. Dr Leverone infuses the ketamine at 1000 mg over the course of 4-5 hrs. At Rush I was infused with 400mg over 4 hrs. According to Leverone the increase in ketamine allows for less boosters as his patients usually have the 3-5 day treatment and then no boosters for 3-6 months. I have been pain free since day 2 of the treatment and I finished the treatment last Friday. Also, after completion of the infusions, Dr Leverone's protocol includes taking oral ketamine for 14 days.
I'm so thankful to have found Dr Leverone and I would recommend him to anyone fighting CRPS. I hope everyone is having a good day and I pray that everyone gets great relief from their symptoms of this disease.
Sarah
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cndangel (07-02-2011), DeesRSD (06-30-2011), kathy d (07-01-2011), RSDjaded (07-01-2011), SandyRI (07-01-2011), wswells (07-02-2011)