View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 05:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Thank you for the update.

I looked back at your previous postings...and your use of B6 was not terribly high.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post754777-9.html

If you feel better without it, then you are one of the rare ones reacting to very moderate B6 intake.

Any vitamin test taken when you are using supplements will be higher than normal. Those ranges in use now are statistical averages on people NOT TAKING vitamins. Also if the sample is mishandled or mistaken...rupturing the red blood cells, the contents will spill out into the serum. This happens very commonly with potassium readings (showing higher than in reality).

There are people with metabolic problems who cannot convert B6 (pyridoxine) to P5P which is the active form in the body.
And there have been studies on autistic children who show elevated B6 with NO supplements at all.

Enough time has passed that you have perhaps had some healing of your original injury. I hope you continue on this positive track.
Mrs D i actually never had an orginal injury, i thought i injured myself orginally because i was VERY active in sports at the time, however when the sensations and pain went from hand to foot to body wide, it was pretty clear that it was systemic and not just an injury.
brohar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote