View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Abby, Have they done an MRI? Specifically, a pituitary MRI? Could she have a pituitary adenoma wreaking havoc?

You know how the body compensates, how it has all these built in systems that TRY to balance an imbalance? She could have an immune attack on the thyroid (due to the antibodies) and the pituitary - when it senses a lowering of TSH - kicks in too far and gives her too much sometimes.

It may be more than one thing. It's entirely possible! A person can have two different cancers at one time. What if she has an attack going on to her thyroid and has Graves too? Sort of like thyroid menopause.

I dunno. Maybe a second opinion would be useful from another endo. Is your daughter on any birth control pills (not trying to get too personal!). Sometimes regulation of other hormone levels can help.

I think you should make sure there isn't a microadenoma of the pituitary. Yeah, the TSH secreting one is rare but so what? Lots of things are rare but people still have them.

I'm sorry she is suffering so much. Have they done an ECG to make sure these changes aren't adversely affecting her heart?

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote