View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Abby, Have they done an MRI? Specifically, a pituitary MRI? Could she have a pituitary adenoma wreaking havoc?
Annie, you're good. I'm in awe. Yes, her doctor ordered the MRI looking for a TSH-producing pituitary nodule or whatever. It's scheduled for Tuesday.

Quote:
Is your daughter on any birth control pills (not trying to get too personal!). Sometimes regulation of other hormone levels can help.
Well, when her first thyroid test last fall came back normal, we thought for a while it was PMDD (wicked PMS) because it does seem to be worse according to her cycle. Tried birth control pills for a while, but they didn't help. or made it worse.

Quote:

I'm sorry she is suffering so much. Have they done an ECG to make sure these changes aren't adversely affecting her heart?
Yup, EKG and echo, because before the tests started coming back abnormal (she tested hyper briefly) they couldn't explain her heart racing.

Well, Annie, thank you. I feel much better now. If her doctors are actually living up to the AnnieB3 standard of care, then I know she's in good hands! Not only that, she has me to take care of her, and I have some experience in this medical-mystery-leave-no-stone-unturned-research-and-grueling-persistence game!

I really do feel better. Thanks.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-30-2011)