View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Abby, Thank YOU. I'm laughing my behind off. I've been on a daily crying spree since Teddy died. "AnnieB3 standard of care?" Too funny. I think they need a "sensible" standard of care instead of their unyielding "gold standard" of care.

How's her BP? Temperature? It's good you know what signs and symptoms to look for, in case things get worse.

It's not so much me as having a good endocrinologist years ago that took me seriously. They still have to watch me for a pituitary adenoma.

I hope they figure all of this out. I would be VERY wary of gadolinium during an MRI. I hope you will research that drug thoroughly. It can cause kidney failure in some people that is irreversible. They swear they need contrast for an MRI to find a small tumor but is it worth the risk? They seemed to have seen my pituitary just fine without it. I don't have a "bright spot" on it, which can be a normal finding.

Way too much info in this article but it's interesting.

http://www.endotext.org/neuroendo/ne...endoframe4.htm

Well, I'm glad you feel better. It sounds like you have good doctors, which is half the battle. I hope your daughter knows how lucky she is to have such a fierce patient advocate on her side!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stellatum (06-30-2011)