View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 10:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default some things occur to me

I have some personal similar experience with a few similar things. Viral meningitis (not bacterial-the scary fatal contagious kind) but brought on by many viruses like Lyme, herpes, many tropical diseases. I have recurring aseptic viral meningitis caused by unknown virus. Not all meningitis recurs most people have it one time and it takes me about a year to get over. I went to 6-7 doctors with similar odd symptoms and a lumbar puncture finally confirmed meningitis.

LP's aren't fun, and there is some risk. But it would confirm the diagnosis or not. There is also a test for Lyme, which seems to be quite the strange up and coming weird problem. I don't know if Lyme exists where you are but it might be worth a blood test.

These occurrences could also be migraine (you can have aura with all kinds of weird symptoms) without getting a headache. There are also TIA's (trans ischemic attacks. I have friends that have both and I have migraines that have similar aura symptoms to your symptoms. My symptoms started at age 19 and continue today at age 50 with some changes through the years. Most ESPECIALLY the eye pain, feeling drunk, and some of the things you mention make me think migraine migraine migraine. I would find a neuro that specializes in migraines. I have good friends that have TIA'S and migraines that have been diagnosed as heart attacks and all sorts of things that were way off base. Migraines are very weird beasts.

I would also find and endocrinologist and get a full blood workup including CBC, Lyme test (not antibody test but test for the Lyme bacterium), hereditary tests for any immune disorders in the family and have all of your hormones checked. This could be thyroid, cortisol, adrenal, pituitary, testosterone (yes for women and men) and many other hormones gone crazy. Check for vitamin deficiencies and if you take vitamins or supplements be sure you aren't getting too much of something.

There was a recent link here to a movie I mentioned about Lyme that you can rent on Amazon for 3.99 or Netflix instant watch both streaming instant watch that is very interesting called under our skins.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread151385.html

There is also mononucleosis, fibromyalgia, diabetes, cluster headaches http://www.doctorslounge.com/neurolo...pic-27905.html

Google a few things and see if you come up with something that strikes you as very similar.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.
d0gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote