View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Also some seem very very resistant to learning on their own.
We have over 4 yrs worth of experience and data collected here and the new members just have to do some homework in this area. We cannot act as substitute doctors for people visiting here.
I wonder how many people who come here are so immobilized by fear they do not know where to start. The amount of info available is daunting.
I also think some people want to be told they don't have PN outright. As if making that association will cure their symptoms and make it all go away. They will take to heart what they want to hear, regardless of who is giving the advise and if they can't get it here, they will go elsewhere. So when you tell them something that does not fit into their agenda, it will not be heeded. The other side of this spectrum is someone who wants PN over the many untreatable neuro diseases out there.

I visited this forum for weeks after learning I had PN before becoming a member. Learned lots, still learning. There is lots of solid I liked the way newbies were treated. I have been to some sites that were intolerant and dismissive to newbies. Love your posts mrsD.
JB63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (07-06-2011), mrsD (07-01-2011)