View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 11:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am heartbroken because I don't know how to help her.. I know how her moods swing back and forth like she is on a rollercoaster and for a stranger who doesn't know how to handle her when she is in one of these swings is unthinkable. It has taken me years to know what to say and do to help her calm down and be positive. She has very low self esteem, thanks to her mother and the way she handled her but thats another story. Right now I am more worried that she isn't going to get the help she needs.

Donna, did your son go through anything like this and is there hope that she will come home in due time. I don't know your story but am looking for any hope that she will realize that she needs to be home so she can graduate and go on to college.

She texted me today and was asking about her insurance. She had a doctors appt yesterday that a friend of hers was suppose to take her to and she didn't end up going. I told her I wished she would of let me know because I would of taken her. It was for a physical and shot updates for high school and we can reschedule but I just let her know that her dad and I would take her in the future. She told me she was unsure if this was going to be a permanent move and that she would let us know Sunday.

I am really confused because she has never done anything like this and it is all new for me. If any of you can help me with advice or similar stories that would be great. I know everyone is different but I am new to this way of thinking to her. Is it the bf mother that is brainwashing her or is it normal for an 18 year old to want nothing to do with thier parents and try to "make" it on thier own? I remember when I was 18 and never did anything like this but I also am not in the mental state she is.

Thank you..

Jen
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-01-2011), Dmom3005 (07-04-2011), Mari (07-01-2011), waves (07-02-2011)