View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Matt638

Matt638

Hey Jim,

I really appreciate your reply.

My wife was diagnosed with RSD a little over a year ago. She had a SCS implanted in February and a revision less than a month ago because the paddle lead had moved. Now the coverage is causing the RSD to flare instead of calm it down. There had always been hope of a change of pain level before but now it basically seems like I need get used to the idea of it beginning to spread (she already is starting to feel it in her other arm and back) and our new lifestyle as a disabled family.

We are fairly young and have two children four and under. I work a full-time office job during the day and have begun to look for a graveyard shift part-time to try and cover child care for my kids while I am at work. We have just completed the applications for SS benefits. Unfortunatly my wife has not worked for 30 years...but we have heard that she can tap my benefits as a spouse. Hopefully she gets approved the first time and can relieve a little financial stress.

I hear a lot of what you and others here are saying about the pain causing the argumentative nature and misguided logic...but how do we actually handle those situations? With many "yes, dear" and "whatever you say dear"? My wife can read me clear as day and knows when I am just agreeing with her to avoid an argument. Do I have to just get used to a lifestyle where I occasionally know my wife is going to blow up at me or my kids for no real reason? Do I just get used to the occasional mean spirited comment and know that in a couple of hours, or days, my loving wife will return? Doesn't seem like much of a happy life to me.

Thanks!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote