View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The University of Buffalo Concussion Clinic specifically does not promote the 'Push thought" concept. Their protocol calls for exercise that is well below the concussion symptoms level. To add to this protocol is the standard that they do not even start their exercise protocol until at least 6 weeks post concussion.

freezer,

It is very difficult to notice an faster recovery as a result of rest because recovery is always slow and like a roller coaster. Trying to micro-analyze recovery on a day to day or even week to week basis is a losing battle.

If you are in your busy season and must work, then I suggest you learn to live with your symptoms until you can take a much lighter work load. I don't see how you can expect any level of recovery while working the hours you need to work.

I would expect those hours to actually cause you to get more intense symptoms. At least it is what I have experience for the past 40 years. Any prolonged stress, finals, intense work load, new baby, buying a new house, etc. have always cause a return or worsening of symptoms. I actually plan for a need to rest for two weeks or more after the stressful event.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote