View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 06:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I can understand the value of neck strengthening exercise to strengthen the neck.... But do no see how this can reduce impact on the brain. Also. body mass will only be a factor if the body is the point of impact. If the head is the point of impact, the body's mass will not make a difference.

If these are tips to try to be able to continue to play sports like football, the risk of more impacts will still be great.

btw, The fish oil should be chosen based on its levels of Omega 3's and DHA and EPA. Some fish oils are very low in these components.
Neck Strengthening will help your brain absorb impact. Your head and brain is held in place by the neck. If the neck is strong, it will take more of the impact and stop the brain from moving as much on impact.

Body mass would work in the same way. Body mass is not only your midsection or trunk region, it's your entire physical structure from head to toe. If you have more thickness around your head, neck, upperchest and trunk region, your head and brain would absorb less impact if something was to strike your head.

I also wanted to add that I've read a lot of your replies mark and love your positive energy. I can truly say you are one of my heroes and i love to read your posts. Keep up the great work boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I like the topic title. I want to destroy this PCS of mine

I've heard walnuts are good as well, so I've been having 'em.

I've cut out weightlifting since the stess of even 10 lb. weights can trigger the headache (for me).

I'm 125 lbs, despite a lifetime of trying to gain weight. Hope it isn't messing w/the recovery.

Thanks for posting-
Good addition. Walnuts are amazing for the brain. In my opinion, it's not a coincidence that walnuts have the same shape of our brains.

You can try taking creatine as this will help you gain water weight. I would definitely try to rest up as much as I can until I could hit the weights again because without lifting iron I don't know if I would be able to make it through the PCS.
amazinggrace is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote