Thread: Need some hope
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 07:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need some hope

I started experiencing neuropathy symptoms about 10 months ago, right after I started taking insulin. Onset was sudden and, for me, catastrophic. I've since seen 5 doctors, each with a different prognosis. I've been on a number of different meds. Right now its gabepentin (2400mg/day) and tramadol (150 mg/day). The pain I feel is a fairly constant burning (averaging maybe a 5) with breakthroughs in the 8 or 9 range 4 or 5 times weekly. I can't wear shoes or socks for more than 30 mins at a time. I also have sharp stabbing pain, ranging from a bad pin prick to what can best be described as a knife hooked plugged into an electrical socket. That's pretty transient, occuring a few times per day. Honestly that part's much easier to deal with.

I've spent quite a few evenings in tears, both from the pain and just the lack of hope. Its actually quite hard to even write about.

Most of the folks I know are aware of the neuropathy, but very few understand just what I go through. I work from home thankfully. I don't think I could handle an office job right now.

Anyway, that's me. I need some hope.

Thanks,

-k
sp00ky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote