View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSDjaded View Post
Thanks for the update, so glad you have found relief. Please keep us updated as the months go on. I have been researching the ketamine for my husband, but I was afraid that since he had for almost 4 years now the ketamine would not work. I am starting to have hope after reading your story. Right now he has had relief from fentanyl patches, it is the first time he was able to stand on his right leg in a year. Enjoy your painfree days!
Thank you everyone for your kind words and great feedback. So far everything is still going great. The only major side effect that is bothersome is exteme fatigue but I'm hoping that will end in the near future.
Rachel's Daughter: Im so happy to hear that Maddy's next infusion is at a higher dose. I think it will make a huge difference and offer her some decent pain relief. Maddy's story really touches my heart and please know you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts on a daily basis. Please keep me posted as to how Maddy is doing.
RSDwife: I know how draining this disease can be on a family unit as I too am married. Good pain relief is a necessity when it comes to this disease. I too have been on the patch for the last 2 years. It worked really well during the first year and a half and it really assisted in allowing me to remain mobile. I was able to go skiing, hiking, wakeboarding... Because the patch worked so well in covering up the crps pain. However, I must add that it only provided short-term relief and I started at 25 mcg's and over the last 2 years it was slowly increased to 50mcg's and it lost it's effectiveness which I think was due to plan old tolerance. I think it's important that your husband has good pain relief as no human should have to endure such severe pain over such a long period of time. With that being said I would definitly still research other treatments and know that I recommend this only because I have found that pain medicine becomes less effective over time if not prescribed correctly for long-term use. I suppose if my regime was changed on a regular basis such as rotating between opiate family's I may not have built up such a large tolerance. Currently I'm working on weening off the patch and it has not been easy. The patch gave me life and was the only thing that provided really great pain relief so I don't regret starting it even with it being so hard to get off of. I really mean it when I say the physical withdrawals are horrible.
Any tips by others on how they got off of the patch would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for the support and I pray that all who are effected by CRPS find the relief they have been searching for.
Sarah
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rachel's daugther (07-11-2011)