View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 08:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi J,
I hear you on the cold feet! I happen to have both hot and cold feet. At 1 AM my feet go from ice cold to burning hot. Starts in the big toe and works down the toes up to the rest of my body (I have full body rsd). So, when I wake up in the am I am on fire. About 2 hours after I wake up in goes back to cold and gets so cold during the day and evening I want to scream. I cannot wear socks or anything on my feet until around noontime each day. But in the afternoon or when they get cold I put on socks. I can only wear certain loose socks and I have learned if you turn them inside out the seams don't hurt your feet! I must always wear a cotton long sleeve shirt and long pants as my entire body is extremely sensitive. If I can't get the socks on I have a pair of slippers that have cloth that goes up over my ankles. They are the best. And I wear them without socks. I got them at www.DreamProductsCatalog.com Item #160 $19.97 Cardigan Slipper Socks. Also, I ordered "Fashion" Leg Warmers (crazy but they work great in winter months here in PA) #92407 Black $9.97 and you can get them in white too. They even have great Ladies' Thermal Tube Socks #96450 four pairs for $9.97 and they are real comfortable. I sound like an ad for that place haha. But I have searched for years for things that help me. (On a personal note they have a great bra too #295 9.97 that opens in front. Not much support but very very comfy to wear esp at home all day). Sorry I don't want to offend you if you are a man:.) Check out their site and maybe they can send you their catalog.

I have found that if I use those booties in the microwave they may actually cause more pain esp when the warmth stops. Also, I have placed my hot foot on the ice/snow outside on a cold morning (boy it was like heaven) only to have the ice melt around it AND then the pain hit and I about had a heart attack haha. Never again on that one. I do however hold my foot and keep my warm hands on it when it is so cold and that seems to help it for a bit. I have even tried putting my feet in a warm bathtub but it doesn't work and always feels worse afterwards. Boy I am a professional when it comes to feet haha. Let me know if I can help you in any way. I hope some info will help you. I know it is tough but it is all about balancing it at different times. I do have a blanket covering my legs and feet all the time.
Take care,
kathy d.
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote