View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi again

I am glad you have lots of support around you - that is really important. When you go to see your neurosurgeon, I would suggest that your fiance takes a pen and paper - I know that when I went, I was in shock, confused and more than a little overwhelmed by it all. Having a support person with you makes an incredible difference, because by the time you leave your head will probably be spinning with all the information you get.

Make a list of questions before you go. It is easy to walk out and realise that you didn't ask everything you need to know. Take it with you - I promise your doctor won't mind.

As for me, I am a success story. I won't lie and say it was an easy road to recovery. I also have MS, so my recovery was compromised by that as well. My husband was amazing and totally supportive - which made all the difference to me. It sounds like your fiance will be that way for you.

Apart from still having a scar that runs from the top of one ear right across my head to the top of the other, a lumpy forehead (where they took the window out of my skull) and a little bit of a bald patch, I am really good now.

I know you will do really well too. I won't have access to a computer for a couple of weeks, but I will check back as soon as I can to see how you are and what the doc says.

Take care and keep in touch. This is all very scary now, but it will work out.

Lyn

Last edited by Lynn; 07-02-2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote