View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Shocked

Gee, I am sorry Glenn.... this sounds ominous. The fact that you don't feel ill I guess is in your favor. I guess there will be a biopsy soon?

It is scary how common this is becoming too. More men every day it seems! There is a man down our street who had his thyroid removed due to cancer too...He is in his early 70's now and doing well.

Just the other day, a female colleague of my husband has been diagnosed with precancerous nodules on both sides of her thyroid. She also has something wrong with the retinas of her eyes, and may go blind! (May have a vitrectomy in one eye, soon as well!- very scary for HER-- she has had uveitis for along time). She gets injections in her one eye already every 6mos or so..of steroids. She is having her thyroid out this summer in fact. Only early 50's in age. We are computer and gardening friends, so I am worried for her. She is divorced and lives alone too! sigh.

I don't know if it is our environment or what it is! Toxins, our food, or inhaling pollution! Even my own doctor has nodules...she is 67 and just "watching" them.

I wish I had more info for you. Please keep me up to date, and the rest of us here.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote