View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I can't read the error msg very clearly.

I can read the part on one of them that says something like... "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item" I think that's what it says. Hard to see...
Oh, I did unplug my printer, but didn't disconnect it from the computer. OH My!!!

I'll do it and see what happens.

I am SO clueless!!

lol

Melody

P.S. Update. Just pulled the printer connection out from the back of my computer. I never use it and I don't want to plug something into the electrical socket if I don't use it.

If I need to use it eventually, I'll re-connect it.

So we'll see what hapepns. So that would explain the message about Windows cannot access the specific device.

But the other message. That one always knocks out the sound on my computer. Like if I want to watch a youtube video, and that stupid message pops up, THERE GOES MY SOUND.

I went to my computer, control panel, sound etc. and it tells me I have no sound card.

When I reboot and everything comes back up, I go back to control panel etc, AND THERE'S THE SOUND INFORMATION, right back and everything is working.

I have looked this up on google and I'm not the only one with this problem.

Kind of complicated for me to fix though. Lots of steps.

So when the sound is knocked off, all I have to do is re-boot and it comes right back on.

I wish I understood this.

Thanks much

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote