View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My cold is in both feet but goes up the inside of my left leg all the way to my knee. But my best solution is soaking in epsoms salt water. Hurts like the dickens, and I have to keep adding warm because it gets cold so fast. But I'm also like KathyD, I'm frequently awakened with scalding red feet and i put them in water too. I start out with lukewarm on both occasions and add more warm as needed. I usually leave in until the stinging stops, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Be careful of how much epsoms salts. You do absorb it and it is good for you, but too much will make you want to be at the front of the line for the bathroom!

Plus I leave a heating pad at my chair and put it on low for a constant warm up. And I try to wear spanx or something similar when going out which keeps my calf warm. No shoes, no socks for this old lady. I have an oversized pair of mens slippers with (probably) fake lambs wool lining that I wear. But I also have a set of SQIISH pillows, that seem to make them feel warmer when cold and cooler when warm that I rest them on when sitting. Sometimes the temp of my feet is only 70*. I'm much more comfortable at 80-85ish and 93 up is too much. But my body temp avg is 97.4 so I have to work hard to keep my whole body warm.

May you find the solution that works for you.

gramE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (07-03-2011)