Thread: Bowel problems
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 12:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bowel problems

I'll try not to gross anyone out.

I am gluten sensitive and have been on a gluten free diet for three years now. (No wheat, rye, barley, or oats) I do not take any kind of supplements. The grain I eat the most is rice.

I very often go for weeks/ months without any bread/ baked goods. A few days ago I baked a loaf of gluten free bread and had four slices in about as many hours. I ate them in the evening. My intestines were rumbling as I got ready for bed. During the night I was sitting on the toilet, doubled over in pain, with yellow tinted, explosive diarrhea. Two days later my bowels are still a little loose and this morning my stool floated. I know the yellow tint mean bile is present and floating means fat present. I don't really know what that means though.

I compared labels on foods that have set me off in the past when maybe over eaten. The main thing is rice. I checked the fiber amount and it ranged between 0% and 7%.

While I don't really think I need to avoid rice, I don't know what I should be doing. I don't eat baked goods very often. When I over indulge a bit I have problems. The same thing has happened with pasta too, but I seem to be okay with that now.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

12/02- health world implodes, 11/05- Raynaud's (Brr!), 2/07- celiac, 3/07- gluten free diet

I will survive.
JustWeave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote