View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Why does your neurologist think it's worth trying to return to work, if only part-time? Does he or she think it will assist in your overall recovery?

I have been getting *slowly* better, but have yet to return to work. I worked from home for a week (for about 2-4 hours a day) a few weeks ago. This went tolerably well. There was one day where I hit a wall after concentrating hard for several hours, but otherwise it was OK. However, I'm not ready to start going to the office. The neurosurgeon I consulted with recommended going back when I'm 90% with no symptoms. At the moment I'm probably about 65-75% with some symptoms (although the symptoms are *very* gradually lessening - knock on wood). So I've decided to refrain from doing any work for the time being.

The waiting can be incredibly frustrating, but I really think it makes sense to get better first, then gradually start to resume my former activities. Of course, this could take a while, so I may have to reassess my situation at some point if things aren't progressing. But for now I'm focused pretty much exclusively on getting better.
greenfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote