View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

howdy howdy howdy ...

well, I attended a small town parade yesterday ... this one actually has a beer truck in it - and attenders can have a free glass!! (oh, YEAH!!)

and, I came home with a sunburn - not complaining ... but, I go from Frosty the Snowman white ... to redneck red ... apparently, in a day! and I was careful with an umbrella along - which really helped ..

there was a young lady in a wheelchair - and people would look away and sorta ignore her ... so, I walked up to her and said how pretty she was!! and her name: Casey .. 19, with MD ... and lives in Oshkosh ... if that's all I did yesterday was to make her day ... I feel good about that!

my aunt mentioned about seeing me talk to the girl in the wheelchair ... and I carried on more of a conversation with Casey than I did with anyone else I knew at the parade! ... it was sorta neat ... because I don't do well in crowds - but, if it's to make someone feel special when they are in a wheelchair (see, then we 'see' their disability) .. weird, huh?

so, my insight ... be a friend to those with limited mobility ... I need to come up with a postcard, with the Liberty address on ... and information that they can fill out and send it to me - like colors, or themes ...

okay - back to work ... swept the floor, watered my outside plants, dishes, paid bills ... it's all good!!

hugs all around!!

Kelly - I look at the loss of my folks (mom in January, dad in Aug ... 1995) ... that it was a treasure when they were alive - and I don't think my dad would of liked living in the computer-truck age ... and my mom would have me figure out the digital clock on the stove so she could bake!! and I miss them - very much ... but, all is good!

it's good to grieve ... and give thanks for the time you had together and shared ... that's what makes us who we are ... you?? ornery?? NOT - especially when you feed the misfit kit-cats!!

RRMS - April 2007

It takes only a single idea,
a single action to move the world!

The Power of One!
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (07-03-2011), Debbie D (07-05-2011), Dejibo (07-03-2011), Kitty (07-03-2011), supermoo (07-06-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (07-03-2011)