View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ky View Post
I started experiencing neuropathy symptoms about 10 months ago, right after I started taking insulin. Onset was sudden and, for me, catastrophic. I've since seen 5 doctors, each with a different prognosis. I've been on a number of different meds. Right now its gabepentin (2400mg/day) and tramadol (150 mg/day). The pain I feel is a fairly constant burning (averaging maybe a 5) with breakthroughs in the 8 or 9 range 4 or 5 times weekly. I can't wear shoes or socks for more than 30 mins at a time. I also have sharp stabbing pain, ranging from a bad pin prick to what can best be described as a knife hooked plugged into an electrical socket. That's pretty transient, occuring a few times per day. Honestly that part's much easier to deal with.

I've spent quite a few evenings in tears, both from the pain and just the lack of hope. Its actually quite hard to even write about.

Most of the folks I know are aware of the neuropathy, but very few understand just what I go through. I work from home thankfully. I don't think I could handle an office job right now.

Anyway, that's me. I need some hope.

Thanks,

-k

Hi there.

My name is Melody. I am also diabetic and a few years ago I was diagnosed with Diabetic Neuropathy. I know and remember the burning. But what worked for me and elimated the pain was I began taking a form of B-12.

It's called Methyl B-12. I now only have to take it 3 times a week but for years I took it every day in the morning before I eat. I take 5000.

Do you know your B-12 level?

Oh, forgot to say WELCOME!!

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote