View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pots

Im 33 yrs old I have never had any symptoms or major illnesses. One day at work (june 7 th) started to feel dizzy, got real hot, chest palpitating, fingers and hand got numb. I thought i was having a heart attack.Then i passed out for only a min though. I work in a hospital so they took me to ER. They sent me home said i was fine. Next day ended up in ER again, and again they sent me home i was fine. For three days i laid and did nothing. I then decided im living my life. Went shopping with my husband, not a good idea. I almost passed out again, I had to lay on the ground. Later that night i must have pushed myself. I thought i was gonna dye. My heart was pounding.

I called 911, they admitted. I stayed 3 days. Failed tilt table test in 2 mins. They put me on Florinef for a week, no success. Today is day 11 on Atenolol (beta blocker), kinda scary b/c my bp is low to begin w/ 95/65. It get down to 85/58at times. It did lower my heart rate from 115 standing to 85-90. However, it did not solve my problem. I still get the chest and throat tightness, dizzy and lightheadedness, brain fog and confusion all w/ standing only. Im fine laying and ok for the most part sitting. I just cant have my legs hanging. No symptoms until my legs are in a standing position. Does it take awhile for the beta blockers to work? Or maybe i need to try Midodrine (a vasoconstrictor) blood could be pooling in my legs. Did you try Midorine before. I feel like im not getting blood to my head and tht would explain my symptoms.

I am so completely confused and sad. 4 weeks is a long time for me to sit and do nothing. I went from full time job, part time school, being a mom and wife--------to sitting and doing nothing. Where is the cure, research, help? Sorry had to vent.
POTS is maybe the dx
ezim77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote