View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mrs D,
You are amazing.

My questions:

1. Sometimes I take lysine if I get a fever blister. I was just looking quickly at some of the stuff you sent and it says that we make carnitine from lysine? So, for instance, does one take both? Of if we take lysine, does that make it easier to make carnitine?.

2. Curcuma - tumeric - I have alot of gallstones. Is this contraindicated?

3. THis is the question I wanted to ask you when I joined but Im not sure how to word it. And maybe it is not something that you can give an easy or quick answer to. Let me try to put this is an intelligent format:
My vasculitis problem required treatment with immunosuppresives. I was attacking my own blood vessels. And the way I understand it, the lymphoma treatment is immunosppressive also. Im making a preponderance of certqin B lymphosites Both use some of the same drugs - rituxan, cyclophosphamide and pred.

ANd heres where maybe I am grossly simplifying matters -My understanding is that antioxidents provide protection against oxidative damage, but do they also "stimulate" the immune system? I've heard the explanation (esp regarding venus fly trap for my cat!) that certain treatments "support" the immune system. But someitmes I am afraid of certain supplements that I think may send my system into further overdrive.
Or is this concept of "stimulating the immune system" sort of misleading?

Thanks,

Donna
donnamae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote