View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 AM
TonyaV

TonyaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexiegirl View Post
What you are experiencing are "olfactory hallucinations". I had exactly the same thing 15 years before I was officially diagnosed with PD. After these episodes, which were so disturbing, because they were always powerful and noxious types of odors, and then I lost my sense of smell completely. I was not officially diagnosed with PD until 4 years ago. Prior to that I had alot of non-motor symptoms, like "olfactory hallucinations", urinary incontinence, chronic insomnia, severe anxiety - my motor symptoms started many years later. Loss of smell is a major bio-marker for PD. My sense of smell has come back about 25% over the past few years. Please speak to your Neurologist about this...sorry I don't have better news for you.

Lexie
Hello Lexie,

My daughter's name is Lexie, btw.

I don't know about Caroline, but it's always nice to know you're not alone in experiencing these odd symptoms.
So, thanks for identifying this for us. Addiing another symptom or check mark to the PD list isn't good news, but at least we can place it there and file it away.

Thanks again,
Tonya
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote