View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
I had severe tightness in my calves where I felt I could not propel my legs because of it. I don't know if that makes sense? I still do get tight feelings and flares of that. The pain doctor I saw said that it was all from the PN or RSD for me and that when finding the right treatment for this should feel better. I was rx klonopin by my neuro to see if it helps that but I don't think it does. I also take magnesium.
I think some important is to keep moving the limb. Now of course it is so hard and is like a catch 22 but otherwise I get more stiff and I feel maybe the circulation is not good.
Are you under the care of a pain doctor?
I understand the feeling of unknown and being scared. Plus feeling alone. These are 3 words that describe me. The why of what is happening to my body with the extensive testing I have is still unknown after 4 plus years. I am working on staying in the day though and focusing on each one and the best I can to get through. It is easier said then done because I am extremly anxious person. Have you thought of seeing someone for the mental impact this has? If not I would encourage it too. It is not going to take away the condition but can help in coping with it. If you want an email buddy I am here too. Hang in there.
I can totally relate to both of your feelings of being alone, unknown, and scared Danielle and Tulip. My family seems to be in denial that this is happening to me. I am not my normal happy self anymore. I sit and worry about my future and how it is going to affect my family and kids. I don't have any answers like you guys and I feel like my emotions are all over the place. I don't like thinking of my family having to help take care of me. How have you guys handled these types of concerns? I am so frustrated and sad. You guys aren't alone.by the way, Daniela, I love your name. Danielle
drwk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote