View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
I had the same problem in that I would go every if not every other day but it was cement hard chunks and they were painful and sometimes sharp to pass. my gut was sooooo slow! Ended up in the hosptial and dx with gastroparesis (frozen stomach) stuff just sits there, and even if/when it hits the intestine it eeks along at its own slow pace. Frequently the chamber would stay full for a day or more because I dont have the nerve signal that says to let it go.

I stared on a drug called Motillium that we had to order from outside of the USA. My GI was instrumental in helping me figure the whole thing out. My vagus and phrenic nerve have been affected by MS, and therefore stool sits for a loooong time in my intestine till something triggers the opening at the bottm to behave and the opening at the top to push to send more down.

I tried miralax and it worked great for a bit and then....fudgies! couldnt regulate it for my needs. Tried Reglan (which empties your tummy/intestine but it gave me twitches, tics and tremors. Those can turn permenant so I had to stop. Laxatives just made it soft, but not easier to give my brain the signal that it was time.

I had a complete work up by the GI team so they could figure out whch nerves were involved before I went on Motilium. it wont heal the nerves, but it will supply the same signal to the brain that its been missing. I take it 15 mins before each meal I eat and as it starts working, the stomach and intestines get the message that its time to work. I do not have diarrhea, or constipation anymore, just a normal routine most of the time.
Dejibo,

This is the most useful information I have received. I will talk with my G.I. Doc about the possibilty of ordering Motillium.

You've described my problem to a T!

Thank you so much.

Chelle
Yorkieville is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-04-2011), dmplaura (07-05-2011)