View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwk View Post
I can totally relate to both of your feelings of being alone, unknown, and scared Danielle and Tulip. My family seems to be in denial that this is happening to me. I am not my normal happy self anymore. I sit and worry about my future and how it is going to affect my family and kids. I don't have any answers like you guys and I feel like my emotions are all over the place. I don't like thinking of my family having to help take care of me. How have you guys handled these types of concerns? I am so frustrated and sad. You guys aren't alone.by the way, Daniela, I love your name. Danielle
I am sorry you are struggling too. Can you see a therapist and also do family therapy together? Or maybe a support group? Can your close family member read about your condition or go with you to a doctors apt? I think that has helped my mom.
Over the years how I cope along with how my family does has changed. It is a learning process of what works and does not. I think both the person who has the health problem and the loved one need to communicate on how they feel. Also to find a new way of doing things. I live alone but do ask for help when I need it. In life most people have times where they do. You never know what will change for the better where you won't need as much help in the future.
Also finding things you can do together that is not focused on the condition. My mom and I will play a board game or watch a comedy show. It is not a huge thing but any lift in spirits on both sides can help the battle.
Hang in there
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote