View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplaura View Post
Oh my, I have THIS exact problem! I have been telling my doctor for ages "It's constipation", but it's really not.

I go MAYBE every 3-4 days if lucky, though I've sometimes reached up to 5. I don't have hard stools, in fact, my stools otherwise appear quite normal and healthy.

I noticed what you've been distinguishing Chelle... it gets to a point where the bowel just 'lets go', like it's finally so over-full, it all comes out at once. That's the ONLY time I feel truly like I've emptied my bowel.

I've done all the recommended: lots and lots of water, lots of fibre, magnesium. I tried stool softeners and bulk-forming capsules. Nothing's really made things better (it was harder stools before, now with the increase in water/fibre they seem otherwise healthy).

It's the fact that I'm only going every 3 days, if lucky, and as you describe, it seems only when the bowel's overfull that it finally lets loose. Otherwise I am bloated for days.

Maybe I should present my case to GP not as 'constipation' (which gets fluffed off) and instead as part of my intestine doesn't seem to be cooperating (or is dormant).
Read Dejibo's posts. She is a wealth of information!!!!

I feel, due to her, I may actually be able to get this issue resolved.

Do you get an "urge" to have a BM? I never get an urge. And I cannot feel after I have had one.

Well, I really had better get off of the computer, and finish packing or my DH is going to give me one of his "looks".

Chelle
Yorkieville is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-04-2011), dmplaura (07-04-2011)