View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 10:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rick

Although yesterday was an above average day, it wasnt quite as good as the previous days

Today is still above average but my legs are working better than my arms..balance is good

One of the motor skill tests that my Dr does is the doorknob turning..arms extended..twist hands back an forth..Prior to DM I could perfom this task with my left hand without a problem, but my right hand would make about an eighth turn to and fro and shake..My right hand and arm is my worse pd disability..For the past 17 days with the exception of this morning I could do the doorknob turning with my right hand at about 60% efficiency or a little better from day to day..Today however it is back to square one with that, and my left hand is a little bit slower as well..Today I can still get up out of a chair with ease instead of taking three steps backward as the chair slides behind me when I attempt to stand up an balance..Some chairs are easier to get out of than others depending on their weight..My kitchen chairs tend to slide backward as I rise, and this is what use as a gague..I have been able to get up without the chair sliding backward consistantly..There are a bunch of little things Ive noticed that have improved

The "HANDSOME" I have experienced however turns out to be a hallucination..