View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 02:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Hi welcome to the boards though sorry about your health problems.

I am not an expert in knowledge like many here but will offer a few thoughts. Burning pain is common with neuropathy. Also I was told by my neuro when my condition spread that spreading can be common from one limb to another.
As for the glaucoma is there anyway you can go back for the appointment like maybe the doctor will work on a payment plan? I thought you can go blind from untreated glaucoma so that is my concern. I have a lot of eye problems that though is not one of them. It is very hard to find a doctor to connect the neuropathy and the eyes.

What type of bloodwork have you had? B 12,low D levels can impact fatigue and also cause pain etc. On this forum there is a supplement board that offers could info about vitamins etc.

Hope you feel better
Hello,

Thank you for your reply and welcome.

The bloodwork I typically get for followups are limited to CBC, GFR & LDH. They do not profile vitamins; however just before diagnosis my B12 was 244 pg/mL (normal 211-911).

From what I am reading about B12, I see this may be considered a bit on the low side and I am going to try and up my B12 dosage to 1000-2000 as I have read from this site for approx. two weeks and see if there is improvement.

Regarding the borderline glaucoma, I will simply have to wait for resources when available as with everything else. My resources are completely exhausted now. That is partly why I am here to glean more information about neuropathy and hopefully find supplements, etc.

That is interesting what your neuro said. I should have further defined these patches I am getting periodically. They seem to be more defined and slightly different than what is in my lower legs in that they are more burning without the pins and needle sensation. Initially I thought I was getting shingles, but I never get a rash and they come and go unlike the neuropathy in my lower legs. The one in my right arm recurs always in the same spot. The new one in my left leg is a first, so I do not know if it will recur in the same way.

It was just something relatively new and perplexing and I was not sure if it was a common feature of PN. One thing I am learning throughout this whole ordeal... if any new symptom comes and goes, I try not to worry about it too much... but if it stays, then I am a bit more concerned.... at least anything nonneuro related! :-)

Again, thank you for your insight!
cward is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote