View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artjunki View Post
I dont understand why they would just now start talking about the windfall offset? why didnt his lawyer mention this when everything was still going on? Why would he be awarded an amount by the judge and then they can turn around and say that he doesnt deserve that much. And he was never drawing ssi. So my confusion stems from how they can say, he was eligible for ssi so it will affect his backpay but when he first applied for everything he was not awarded ssi?

You won't find a dollar amount in the ALJ decision. All you will find is a list of medical evidence, a diagnosis, a date last insured and a date of onset. No dollar amounts. ALJ did not award him any amount.

The ALJ decision should also reference whether this is strictly a Period of Disability and Disability Insurance Benefits or if it includes Supplemental Security Income. Since I can't read the decision, I can't tell you. Don't know why the attorney didn't tell your brother, but maybe he did and your brother didn't understand it.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote