View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
Well tonight we had two reality shows, one a shocker, the other not.

The shocker first. American idol. I didn't expect Sundance to get voted off at all and I did expect Sundaya, or however it's spelled, to leave. As Simon so tactfully said, "did someone forget to turn up the volume?". The poor guy sounds like he is auditioning for a high school musical. Yes, he has a voice but I'm afraid his audience will mainly be the teeny boppers. But I guess that's quite a large audience. The girls didn't surprise me at all. I'm glad Antonella got voted off. She was not at all what young teenagers should have as someone to look up to.

Now to Survivor. The 'haves' continue to dominate with a capital D. NCAA games are on next week then Survivor is back on the next week. The teams break up and someone draws a team name to go to the Moto camp. I hope it's not mainly the 'haves' again. Ravu sure needs half a chance to play the game evenly.

OK, one more thing. It seems like I am talking to mmyself here. Does anyone really care for my reviews of the reality shows, or does anyone els want to participate?. My next shows will be on Sunday with Apprentice LA and the Amazing Race all stars.

Oh, another one of my own reality shows!!!!!!!! I get my 5 year old grandaughter all next week while her Mom is in Chicago. She is taking the baby 'cause she is breast feeding. I don't have the stuff to do that and besides that, I don't think I can handle two of them. Wish me luck!!!!
I agree that Sundance should not have been voted off...but then, America inexplicably made the extremely mediocre Tyler Hicks the American Idol, so nobody is safe.

Two things...first, it's Sanjaya - twice you have referred to him as either "the East Indian origin guy" or "Sundaya, or however it's spelled". That's not showing a whole lot of respect for his heritage, which, incidentally, he shares with a billion or so others. Then, there's Antonella - I saw "the pictures", and I think we all know that teenage kids in groups like to fool around in front of the camera. Those were harmless photos, made in fun with a lot of laughter. As for the "other" photos - the really lewd ones - those were not Antonella...they were made with a girl who resembled her, and with very bad intentions. Antonella is like a million other girls, but being thrust into the limelight obviously has its risks. I don't think whether or not anyone thinks she is an appropriate "role model" has anything to do with a contestant's standing on Idol. As Simon has repeatedly said, it's a singing competition, and I think Antonella should have been voted off, too, but only because she is not as strong as most of her competition.

Again, there's no telling what America will do. Taylor might have had the worst voice (if any) of all, yet people seemed to "like" him. The same dodos voted Sanjaya in and Sundance out. On the girls' side, I thought Haley should definitely have left, not Sabrina, whose voice was far, far better. In any case, is there any doubt that Melinda Doolittle is in another class than the rest of the contestants? She could (and probably should) be recording right now. I also think Jordin is really good - she's only 17! - and she's gorgeous, too.

So, that's some of what I think.

rex
kingrex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote