View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 05:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl2568 View Post
I was never comparing myself to my sister. Someone else brought that up on their own which completely suprised me. Those people who have said things like that about me behind my back I have long stopped talking to but the feelings are still there because of the fear that it may happen again.
I know and I don't mean to be caustic. Just don't fear that. All your dreams are still possible and anything you want you can have. Your hydro will not hold you back. People can be jerks. Hydro or not, we all have to be our own best advocates. After my last revision, which was 4 years ago at age 42, I closed my private practice, get married and had a kid. I sometimes feel it was a product of that revision bec when it was over, I had this incredible sense of newness my life, like I had been asleep for years, like those patients in Awakenings. It was weird. I remembered laying in that hospital bed and thinking, "I gotta make some changes." One month later, I had a new, much less stressful job. 5 months later I was married and 13 months later we had a beautiful baby girl. These types of changes are possible for everyone, especially you!
DeFreeze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote