View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Been MIA for a bit...

trying to get the RSD under control and to get the SCS working properly.

Unfortunately, the SCS still isn't working, and I am planning on getting it removed. I was scheduled to go to the Cleveland Clinic, but I had to postpone it once again. This time, it's because I have to see my orthopedic surgeon again because of a CT scan I recently had done. It is showing extensive joint damage now . We have decided that the trip to Cleveland should wait until we see what the ortho has to do to my knee now. I've talked to the Doctor that did the implant surgery, and we will be coordinating with the knee ortho to remove the implant at the same time should I need surgery on my knee.

It's been a battle here, I've been more depressed and in more pain. I've gone through the physical and water therapy and also Laser Accupuncture (I couldn't have the "traditional needles" because of my metal allergy). I also had the IV laser treatment which was only done once because my veins are crappy . I also had the treatment in which the doctor put the "colors" into this contraption that I held under my tongue. I did manage to get a few good hours after treatment, but not long term. My husband and kids noticed a change in my attitude some days after the treatment, depending upon the color. Some days I was a total disoriented evil woman, and other days just normal.

The accupuncture doctor prescribed this cool machine - it's a Heat Wave, and I love it. It works like a TINS unit, and so far it is helping with the swelling and pain. I am questioning why my initial doctor did not try this and just pushed the SCS on me. It really makes me wonder.

I hope everyone is doing well, I continue to believe there is something put there that will help. to everyone!
Patti_Christmas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-05-2011), Mark56 (07-05-2011), ron h (07-05-2011), Sophie_ (07-05-2011)