View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 01:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Trixiedee,

Please see the thread "Pass the fat, please..." it is all about ketogenic diet, coconut oil,anti-inflammatory diet, paleolithic diet, mitochondrial diet,...To date there has been only one study on the ketogenic diet for PD and many could not hack it because well meals are rather unpalatable. I know that the ketogenic diet has been used since the 20's to control epilepsy; it especially works well for children basically they only have to do diet for a year or so then are seizure free after this; they can leave the diet behind. I thought of trying but am trying to to lose weight.

There is more in the archives if you type in ketogenic.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ketogenic+diet

As for coconut oil...the studies are on Alzheimer's and show positive results.If we develop dementia it is entirely different brain systems involved between two diseases. I tried and it did not make a noticeable difference in my symptoms; however, oddly it is a great boost to your metabolism. More energy and helps you lose weight. I shed several pounds on it but noticed no symptom benefit. See the writings of Mary Enig on coconut oill plus dits.

Hope this helps.

Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiedee View Post
Has anyone tried the ketogenic diet here? I remember someone mentioning it a while back. A friend of mine is on thta diet for her diabetes and it works well (although her doctor accused her of having an eating disorder and she is very thin). It's a less extreme version of the Atkins Diet. I think coconut oil is a big feature - I try to eat a spoonful of coconut oil a day in a smoothie but haven't noticed any change. Anyone know more about this?

thanks

Trixiedee
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote